Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

observations and a confession...

I love to people watch. I am all kinds of voyeur (not in a creeper way... just in a 'i could sit in the mall for HOURS and just watch people' kind of way). So far I have found that the best place to people watch is a college campus...there is all kinds of crazy going on all over the place. So...I have some recent observations for you all...and one teeny tiny confession...

Observation #1:
Okay, prepare yourselves...I am about to make a VERY controversial statement...I 100% hate leggings. I think they were a bad fashion choice in 80's/90's and I still consider them in that category. However, I will admit that sometimes they can be cute...but most of the time...no thanks.

However, tights are back and better than ever I must say! They are cute, colorful, and fun...

they are also cute, practical, and warm...very important qualities...

so in my book o' fashion...leggings, no thanks, tights, yes please!

Unfortunately, there does seem to be a disturbing trend occurring on my Northern California college campus...and it is making me crazy...um. hi ladies...tights/leggings are NOT pants...and should not be worn as such. Tights belong under something like a dress...or at least something that covers your booty because most of the time when the sun hits them they are SEE THROUGH! As in I can see through them and check out your underwear, or lack of underwear, and I would rather not. kthanksbye!

Observation #2:

I love peacoats. I think I have had some type of peacoat ever since I started actually picking out my own clothes. I heart them bad. I really love that they are becoming popular because that means I have many more options to choose from, yay!

However, there seems to be an alarming rise in males rocking the peacoat. I do not object to this...because a guy in a peacoat is hottspice! I do believe I have found the reason for this phenomenon and I would like to do a quick Public Service Announcement, a PSA, if you will...

Attention All Men On Campus...

Just because you rock a peacoat does not mean you will turn into this hot piece...

you will look a little foxy in it but, the peacoat was made for Movie Edward...the end.

Observation #3:

I am a California gal for life. I love this state...Northern California is a great area to live in (minus the 119 degrees temperature in the summer). We California natives rock our flip-flops year round...come rain or shine you can bet that the majority of females have flips on. there is nothing that cracks me up more than walking around on campus and seeing about 50 girls running around in a hat, jacket, scarf, umbrella, and flip-flops....we ALL do it! You just have to love us California Girls.

Observation #4:

Rolling backpacks have become the bane of my existence.

I understand that some people may have back issues that could make lugging around a heavy backpack pretty darn miserable...but c'mon! There is NO excuse for these things...they are ugly...the get in the way...and if one more person wheels over me with one of those things I am going to lose it! That is all.


Observation/Confession #5:

Uggs. Every woman on campus, or even in the area I live owns a pair. I am aware they are hideous. I am aware the people mock them (I am one of those people). I also am aware that they are not fashionable at all.

and even I admit they are not the cutest thing one could choose to cover her feet with. Yet, I still love them. They are warm, comfy, water-resistant, oh and did I mention they are comfy?! I own Uggs and sport them proudly.

Now for the confession...

I always swore to myself and to others that I would NEVER tuck my jeans into my Uggs...or bunch up my jeans at the top of them. In fact the night before I broke this rule I had JUST been discussing it with a friend of mine. That very next day I awoke to a freakin' monsoon outside my window and was insta-pissed because I knew that by the end of the day my jeans would be soaked. So, what did I do you may ask? I bunched my jeans into my boots...and yes, I am ashamed to admit this.

I solemnly swear that even though I gave in to the 'Ugg-Tuck' that I will never be caught wearing them with shorts or skirts. Trust.

Alright..fess up! What is a trend or observation that YOUare seeing that you love/hate? Do tell...

6 comments:

amanda leeann said...

i.despise.rolling.backpacks.

my mother has one.

why, you may ask. only because my mom goes to college [you may or may not be aware of this]. i mock her constantly.

i hate ugg boots. i don't think i will ever fork over the money to own a pair. but i say break all the rules you want!

and lastly, leggings and tights are not pants. we agree. insta fashion fail.

ConnieB said...

Those observations are hilar...The thing I absolutely love to see is an old married couple holding hands.

Like, a really old couple. Age of the dinosaurs old. I swoon, and Tony laughs. It's good times.

stacy marie said...

i had a rolling backpack......

and it never saw the light of day from all of my college dorm closets!

it was a gift. eek!

but I am loving those peacock cuties! Let's see...I am loving skinny jeans!!!!! I hated them at first but I crossed over to the skinny side and haven't come back. lol.

Vanessa said...

I feel like I wrote this post and just accidently posted it on your page. Seriously. I HATE uggs, I HATE rolly backpacks, I HATE leggings. I would wear flipflops all year if it weren't for snow and not being able to wear them at work. It's cold out today, but I have off work so I wore flip flops to school. LOVE it. After I'm done with class I'm off to buy tights for my dress this weekend for a wedding. I'm super excited because tights happen to be cute.

Mmmm Rob. LOVE him.

Christina said...

I'm pretty down with those grey tights (stockings?). And they have a touch of color for when your shoes come off!

~kiMbeRLy~ said...

I hated uggs and I love flips...I now live in Boston where I can wear flips 2 days out of the year...now i love uggs! Let me amend that - I love the function of uggs and the ugg-tuck. I was literally left with NO choice!